Higher education in Food Design
It is a year of practice and meeting others, built up with focused workshops, professional immersion, visits, and specialised theoretical contributions. This course comes from more than fifteen years experience in the ESAD Reims in this research domain, with its numerous partners both private and public, as well as a specialised pedagogical team. It is a laboratory of creation and incubator for projects.
Career prospects : independent designer, designer working in the agribusiness sector or the world of cuisine, events creator, etc.
Theory, research and practice make up a packed 9 month programme :
- History of food, sociology and anthropology of taste
- Gastronomy, haute cuisine, agri- food industry
- Workshops, events, applied research
The students simultaneously pursue many projects : projects that take place over a term, workshops, seminars, theoretical classes and immersion in a professional working environment.
The curriculum is built with the specialised pedagogical team and a double partnership :
- Academic, with the Equipe Alimentation, and the Unesco Chair in History and cultures of food of the Université François Rabelais de Tours.
- Practical, different Michelin starred restaurants and the Lycée Gustave Eiffel (Reims).
Training team :
- Germain Bourré, food designer
- Julie Rothahhan, food culinaire
- Gilles Stassart, journalist, artist, creator of restaurants
- Émeline Eudes, PhD in arts and science of art, coordinator of research
- Georges Ribeiro, head chef
- Jean-Pierre Williot, lecturer in history, director of the Equipe Alimentation (LEA) in the Université de Tours
- Marc de Ferrière, lecturer in history and president of the Institut Européen d’Histoire et Cultures de l’Alimentation (IEHCA -Tours)
The business partners bring their expertise and their specification terms, in the framework of partnership projects. Here is a list of the main partners : le Salon International de l’Alimentation SIAL Paris, Kraft, Eurogerm, SAFI, Vilmorin, le groupe Seb, le SIAL, le Cniel, le CIV, Veuve Clicquot-Ponsardin, Rungis, Danone, Quick, Boncolac, Les Grandes Tables, Les Crayères, Carafont …
The cultural and academic partners are involved in this course and offer artistic and cultural openings, and share the research with the public. It is primarily the Manège de Reims, Scène Nationale de la Comédie de Reims, Centre Dramatique National, the Escola Superior du Artes e Design – Caldas da Rainha (Portugal), the institut français of Bombay (India), the réseau des Alliances Françaises en Amérique Centrale.
Facilities : The course has access to all the facilities of the ESAD.
International recruitment with CVs on a level :
- DNSEP, master, DSAA ou équivalent professionnel
- DNSEP, Masters, DSAA or professional equivalent
- Ten students maximum.
- The course is validated by a certificate of “Higher Education in food design” (see : degrees)